Winter Kitchen 10-Nov-2010

I am cooking a couscous,
Not the kind you find in the supermarket,
Spicy and juicy, only made by me
Carrots, turnips, cabbage,
Chop all the vegetables while they are fresh,
Onion, fennel, celery
Add something to make it spicy
Pour a can of tomatoes and some chickpeas.
A little ras el hanout mixed with meat.
I forget courgettes
because I don't want to be stupid.
I forget the artichoke
because heart is not there already
There is no merguez because you forget what you promised.
There is no veal because the calves are too young to be slaughtered.
There will be no couscous royal because I am not your queen.
Cook it slowly because I am not in a hurry
Cook it slowly because there is only me
Note 27 May 2024
Gosh I don't remember this poem it is cute but woe is me...

Comments
Post a Comment